Effective date: September 30th, 2011
Thank you for visiting the Kleiner Perkins (“KP”) website www.kleinerperkins.com and/or www.fellows.kleinerperkins.com (each, as applicable, this “Site”), which is owned and operated by KP. You should not access or use this Site until you have carefully read and agreed to these terms and conditions of use (the “Terms”). By using this Site, you agree to these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms, you may not further access or use the Site. You should check this Site and these Terms periodically for modifications. KP may modify the Site and/or the Terms from time to time without notice to you. If KP makes material changes to the Terms we will post the revised Terms and the revised effective date on this Site. By using the Site following any modifications to the Terms, you agree to be bound by these Terms as modified. These Terms supersede all previous notices or statements regarding our terms and conditions of use with respect to this Site.
- Use of this Site. KP provides you with access to and use of the Site subject to your compliance with the Terms. By using this Site, or submitting information through this Site, you represent that you are a United States of America resident and at least 18 years of age. If you are not at least 18 years of age, you may not use this Site without the express consent of an adult. We control and operate the Site from our offices in the United States of America, and all information is processed within the United States. We do not represent that materials on the Site are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Persons who choose to access and use the Site from other locations do so on their own initiative, and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations in connection with your use of the Site.
- Prohibited Uses. The Site may be used only for lawful purposes. You are responsible for your own communications, including the upload, transmission and posting of information, and are responsible for the consequences of their posting on or through the Site. KP specifically prohibits any use of the Site, for: (a) posting any (i) information which is incomplete, false, inaccurate or not your own, (ii) trade secrets or material that is copyrighted or otherwise owned by a third party unless you have a valid license from the owner which permits you to post it or (iii) material that infringes on any other intellectual property, privacy or publicity right of another; (b) impersonating another person; © engaging in or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any city, state, national or international law or regulation, or which fails to comply with accepted Internet protocol; or (d) transmitting or transferring (by any means) information or software derived from the Site to foreign countries or certain foreign nations in violation of US export control laws. In addition, you are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Site or KP’s systems or network security, including, without limitation, the following: (i) accessing data not intended for users of the Site or gaining unauthorized access to an account, server or any other computer system; (ii) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures; (iii) attempting to interfere with the function of the Site, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the Site, overloading, “flooding”, “mailbombing”, “crashing”, or sending unsolicited e-mail, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services; or (iv) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or newsgroup posting. Violations of the Site’s or KP’s systems or network security may result in civil or criminal liability.
- Links from and to the Site. Express, written consent must be granted by KP for any type of link to the Site. KP reserves the right, at its discretion at any time, to deny any request, or rescind any permission granted, to link to the Site, and to require termination of any such link to the Site. You may be able to link to third party websites (“Linked Sites”) from the Site. Linked Sites are not, however, reviewed, controlled or examined by KP in any way and KP is not responsible for the content, availability, advertising, products, information or use of user information or other materials of any such Linked Sites, or any additional links contained therein. These links do not imply KP’s endorsement of or association with the Linked Sites. In no event shall KP be liable, directly or indirectly, to anyone for any loss or damage arising from or occasioned by the creation or use of the Linked Sites or the information or material accessed through these Linked Sites.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. THE SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL CONTENT, FUNCTION, MATERIALS AND SERVICES, IS PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY FOR INFORMATION, DATA, DATA PROCESSING SERVICES OR UNINTERRUPTED ACCESS, ANY WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, USEFULNESS, OR CONTENT OF INFORMATION, AND ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. KP DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE OR THE FUNCTIONS, CONTENT OR SERVICES MADE AVAILABLE THEREBY WILL BE TIMELY, SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED. KP MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE SITE WILL MEET USERS’ EXPECTATIONS OR REQUIREMENTS. NO ADVICE, RESULTS OR INFORMATION, OR MATERIALS WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN. IF YOU ARE NOT SATISFIED WITH THE SITE, YOUR SOLE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE SITE.
- Limitation of Liability and Indemnity. TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERTMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL KP, ITS AFFILIATES OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OR CONTENT OR SERVICE PROVIDERS, BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RELATED TO THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE OR THE CONTENT, MATERIALS AND FUNCTIONS RELATED THERETO, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF REVENUE, OR ANTICIPATED PROFITS, OR LOST BUSINESS, DATA OR SALES, OR COST OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES, EVEN IF KP OR ITS REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF KP TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING FROM THE TERMS OR YOUR USE OF THE SITE EXCEED, IN THE AGGREGATE, $100.00. YOU AGREE TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD KP, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND AFFILIATES HARMLESS FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, LIABILITIES, DAMAGES, COSTS AND EXPENSES, INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES, IN ANY WAY ARISING FROM, RELATED TO OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITE, YOUR VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS OR THE POSTING OR TRANSMISSION OF ANY MATERIALS ON OR THROUGH THE SITE BY YOU, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY THIRD PARTY CLAIM THAT ANY INFORMATION OR MATERIALS YOU PROVIDE INFRINGES ANY THIRD PARTY PROPRIETARY RIGHT.
- General Information. You agree that the laws of the state of California, excluding its conflicts-of-law rules, shall govern these Terms. Please note that your use of the Site may be subject to other local, state, national, and international laws. You consent to jurisdiction of the state and federal courts of California for enforcement of these Terms. The section titles in the Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. Any claim or cause of action you may have with respect to KP or the Site must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arose. The failure of KP to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of these Terms is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of these Terms remain in full force and effect. You may not assign these Terms or any of your rights or obligations under these Terms without KP’s express written consent. These Terms inure to the benefit of KP’s successors, assigns and licensees. The Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and KP and govern your use of the Site, superseding any prior agreements between you and KP. You may also be subject to additional terms and conditions that are applicable to certain parts of the Site.